Injectables and the Problems they Treat
Facial Plastic Surgery in main line, PhiladelphiaAs you age, gravity, genetics, sun exposure, and facial muscle movement will all begin to show signs on your skin. Nonsurgical treatments such as facial fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic or Dysport are growing in popularity due to their effectiveness at reducing the signs of aging and providing a natural but substantially more youthful look to your face without any downtime or recovery. Different facial fillers provide solutions for different problems. During your initial consultation with Philadelphia facial plastic surgeon Dr. John Lee will discuss all your options and suggest which product will best meet your unique needs. **The results of a filler injection depends entirely on the injector- fillers are the tool, choosing the best product to achieve the desired result is important, but the artistry along with an innate understanding of the facial anatomy is what truly matters in providing optimal results. Dr. Lee is an eyelids/brow surgery expert who performs surgeries daily in the areas he injects- this is the level of expertise that everyone should expect and deserve!
Types of Injectables and Their FunctionsOur practice ONLY uses hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers that have the highest safety profiles in the market. The following fillers can be softened, manipulated and even dissolved. The ability to control outcome not just today but after many months is very important to us. We believe that the risks of using other types of products made from calcium/bone and plastic particles are not in the best interest of our patients. This is why HA based fillers are also the MOST POPULAR fillers world-wide. We only use the following FDA-approved products with the highest safety profiles:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic (ALWAYS $11 per unit- we have not raised our price for 13 years!)– Best to eliminate and soften the look of wrinkles by paralyzing the muscles that cause movement underneath the skin; best for the crow’s feet area (smile lines on edge of eyes), moderate glabella (lines between eyes) muscle and to smooth forehead lines; this product is from the same company that manufactures Juvederm and Latisse. **our practice was awarded the prestigious recognition as an DIAMOND level injector- top 3% Botox & Juvederm injector in the country!
- Dysport ($4 per unit) – Similar product as Botox, maufactured by the same company who makes Restylane/Perlane. Our injectors likes to uses this product for patients to paralyze muscles that are very strong. Most popular areas of injection is the glabella (frown lines between the eyes) and jaw area which is used to slim the jawline; **please note that 2.5 units of Dysport = 1 unit of Botox, therefore pricing for Dysport and Botox is SAME for an injection site
- Juvederm ($600 for facial areas; $700 for lips): Our most popular filler, it has a smooth consistency that is often desired to product overall facial volume. Best used to provide volume to lips, nasal labial folds(parenthesis around nose area), marionette(jowls) and to soften wrinkles in the forehead (between eyes or glabella area); FDA approved to last up to 9-12 months. **our practice was awarded the prestigious recognition as an DIAMOND level injector- top 3% Botox & Juvederm practice in the country!
- Juvederm Voluma ($800 per syringe or $1500 for 2 syringes or box treatment): Dr. Lee loves this filler to create a "lift" to the cheek area which also helps to address the depression of the nasal labial folds by lifting the cheeks. Dr. Lee also prefers Voluma for his No. 1 injection procedure- lower lids injection to address the "sunken" or depression of the lower lids/upper cheek areas. This product is the hardest of the HA fillers and is best for fine sculpting or creating mass that will not move/shift or change over time. Dr. Lee is also known for his unique and creative use of this product for nose sculpting (also known as non-surgical rhinoplasty) and to create elongated chin (thus eliminating the need for chin implants). These off label injections including the very popular lower lids injections should ONLY be performed by very highly skilled injector who has many years of injection experience in these specific areas- most injectors do not attempt to perform injections for lower lids, nose and chin areas due to it's difficulty and possible complications. Voluma is FDA approved to last up to 18-24 months. **Dr. Lee is one of the country's highest volume user of Voluma!
- Restylane, Restylane Silk & Restylane Lyft ($600 per syringe) – same family of fillers with a little harder consistency than Juvederm, however not as long-lasting; both FDA approved to last up to 6 month
- Kybella ($500 per vial)- Sub mental fullness, or a double chin, is troublesome for many people today. While it may not be related to obesity, submental fullness can give the appearance of excess weight. Up until recent advances in a static medicine the only way to eliminate a double chin problem was with plastic surgery. Now we have the opportunity to address this problem with an innovative injectible solution, Kybella. The Kybella solution has been formulated to break apart the fat particles that accumulate beneath the chin. Based on deoxycholic acid, Kybella works with the body and its natural tendencies to metabolize fat. Through a series of precise injections (usually 2 or 3), fat cells become flooded with this substance, and subsequently melt away.