Facial Fillers: How to Stay Safe
August 15, 2016
When performed well, wrinkle fillers can minimize fine lines and create a more rested, youthful appearance. The most common areas treated by facial fillers are the lip lines, and the lines between the eyebrows and forehead, creating a more rested and youthful appearance. And as one of the safest cosmetic procedures performed today, facial fillers are an effective, non-invasive procedure which continues to grow in popularity. That being said, there are still some things you should consider to make sure the treatment is safe:Facial Fillers
- Choose a medical setting. Do not attempt to have wrinkle filler treatments in a spa, resort or hotel. Instead, have the procedure performed in a doctor’s office with sterile instruments.
- Know what’s in the injection. Make sure your facial filler is approved by the FDA and was acquired directly from the maker.
- Don’t look for a “good deal.” When it comes to your face, now is not the time to compromise on price. If the wrinkle filler treatment you’re considering costs less than a standard treatment, you’re probably looking at a subpar treatment with low quality ingredients.
- Use sunscreen. Once you have your facial filler treatment, you will be at greater risk of post-procedure changes in your pigment due the small needle injections involved. Wear sunscreen to help protect against even more dramatic changes to the color of your skin.
- Infection, redness, swell or pain after the first day. In this case, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
- Bruising or bleeding. Avoid drinking alcohol and don’t take blood thinning medications prior to the procedure to minimize these complications.
- Rash or hives. See your doctor if these symptoms persist.