Evaluating your Cosmetic Surgeon's Credentials
November 19, 2013
As the proverb says, “the eyes are the windows to the soul.” If you’re considering a procedure to augment the beauty and expressiveness of the area around your eyes, Philadelphia cosmetic surgeon Dr. John J. W. Lee can help you decide which facial surgery is right for you. Cosmetic surgery is a personal decision, and it’s important to evaluate your doctor’s background. Aspects to consider about your cosmetic surgeon include:Blog
- Qualifications: In addition to the M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) degree and residency required of all medical doctors, some specialties require additional training and experience.
- Specialty: Be sure to choose a cosmetic surgeon with education and experience in line with the nature of your procedure. Philadelphia cosmetic surgeon Dr. Lee, for example, specializes in oculoplastics, or the treatment of function and appearance of the eyes.
- Background: Forms of recognition like fellowships and board certifications are “seals of approval” within the medical community for doctors who have met high standards of dedication and skill within their specialty. Dr. Lee is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
- Removal of excess skin and fat from the upper eyelid and/or lower eyelid, known in medical circles as blepharoplasty.
- A brow lift, which corrects the drooping brow that comes with age via a small incision in the hairline or eyebrow.
- Stretching eye muscles to correct droopy upper eyelids, or ptosis.